Need help? Call us on +44 (0)131 524 9380 (Office)

Rye

9 Item(s)

Grid List

Set Descending Direction

Rye

With is big, spicy nature and full bodied style rye whiskey is amongst the more robust whiskies that are made around the world.

 

The production of rye whiskey is very similar to that of bourbon but with one key difference in the ingredients. While bourbon demands the majority of the mashbill to be made up mostly of corn, rye whiskey dictates that it must contain 51% rye. Distillers can then add whatever cereals they see fit for the remaining 49%, often combining them in a certain way to maintain the character they are hoping to achieve.

 

Some people find it a tad intense, especially when it is bottled at a younger age, but it has proven to be one of the most versatile cocktail spirits and its depth of flavour and strength of character and form the basis of many classic cocktails. Every cocktail bar in the world will have at least one bottle of rye whiskey at their disposal to be used in the make-up of the most loved  mixed drinks in the world - The Old Fashioned, The Manhattan and The Sazerac to name but three. This big whiskey has carved itself out a niche and cult following like only a big hitting spirit can.

 

9 Item(s)

Grid List

Set Descending Direction
  • Bulleit

    Straight Rye Whiskey 45% 70cl

    £34.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • High West

    Rendezvous Rye 46% 75cl

    £61.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Jim Beam

    Rye Whiskey 40% 70cl

    £27.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Koval

    Rye 47% 50cl

    £38.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Pikesville

    Straight Rye 55% 70cl

    £76.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Rittenhouse

    Bottled in Bond Straight Rye Whiskey 50% 70cl

    £38.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Rittenhouse

    Straight Rye Whiskey 40% 70cl

    £29.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Sonoma County

    Rye 48% 70cl

    £59.95
    (Inc. VAT)
  • Woodford Reserve

    £43.95
    (Inc. VAT)

9 Item(s)

Grid List

Set Descending Direction

Keep Up-to-Date with Our latest News